More To Betty Martini

mark r meiss mmeiss at avocado.ucs.indiana.edu
Tue Aug 15 12:15:22 EST 1995

In article <Pine.NEB.3.91.950811145640.1871A-100000 at max.tiac.net>,
Mark Gold  <mgold at max.tiac.net> wrote:

>The reactions experience by the depressed subjects were as follows:
>
>                          Placebo      Aspartame
>Headache                    63%           88%
>Nervousness                 25%           63%
>Dizziness                   13%           25%
>Trouble remembering          0%           63%
>Binge eating                13%           13%
>Lower back pain             25%           25%
>Nausea                      25%          100%
>Depression                  38%           75%
>Insomnia                    38%           50%
>Temper                       0%           25%
>
>More energy                  0%           25%
>Fatigue                      0%           25%
>Malaise                      0%           38%
>Weight loss                 13%            0%
>Pain in eye                 13%            0%
>Negative thoughts            0%           13%
>Bad taste in mouth           0%           13%
>Swollen lips                 0%           13%
>Facial numbness              0%           13%
>Conjunctival hemorrhage      0%           13%
>Weight gain                  0%           13%
>Irritability                 0%           25%

What amazing statistics!  What are the different numbers we see here as
percentages... let's see... 13%, 25%, 38%, 63%, 88%...

Wow!  It looks like we have a sample size of EIGHT PEOPLE!  I am now
utterly convinced that Aspartame is being used by the Illuminati to bend
the population of the world to their evil will!

COME ON!

Is discussing a study of a whopping EIGHT depressed people supposed to
tell me ANYTHING about the population as a whole?

By the way, an earlier post mentioned this study having TEN people
involved... were two omitted from these statistics to make them appear
even MORE *ahem* impressive?

--
Mark Meiss (mmeiss at indiana.edu)  |  No eternal reward will
Indiana University CS Dept.      |  forgive us now for     - Jim Morrison