GAP 43

Christian Holscher CHOLSCHR at MAIL.TCD.IE
Thu Aug 17 05:34:49 EST 1995

In article <40qv75INNid6 at s850.mwc.edu>, dodell at s850.mwc.edu (Deborah
O'Dell) wrote:

>         I am looking for information on GAP 43, a protein found in
>         developing/regenerating nervous systems.  Specifically, I am
>         looking for an antibody to this protein.  If anyone knows
>         whether one exists, and where it can be obtained, I would
>         greatly appreciate it.
>
>         Many thanks
>
>         Deborah

 Deborah, I know one of 'the' labs that work on GAP 43 and not only have
antibodies but a lot of background knowledge.
 The address is:
 Rudolf Magnus Instutu for Molecular Neurobiology
Univeristy of Utrecht
Universiteitsweig 100
Utrecht
The Netherlands

The person to ask is Prof. Willem Gispen, he is a friendly chap and will
be helpful. Scan Medline for Gispen as author and you will get a ton of
papers on GAP-43. If you want to talk to a post-grad student instead, try
Maria Gulinello, phone ++31-30-538800 or email M.Gulinello at med.ruu.nl
She is American and very helpful

 good luck

Christian