URGENT: NutraSweet/MENTHANOL/TRUTH

Speaker-to-Minerals lydick at SOL1.GPS.CALTECH.EDU
Sat Aug 19 04:32:51 EST 1995

In article <413l29$hif at newsbf02.news.aol.com>, jlinsenbac at aol.com (JLinsenbac) writes:
=lydick at SOL1.GPS.CALTECH.EDU (Speaker-to-Minerals) wrote:
=> the patients swallowed their tongue.
=
=How can you swallow your tongue? It's attached to your mouth. Get a hand
=mirror and check it out. Lift your tongue and you will see that it's
=attached.
=
=>Perhaps not, but it IS the vernacular for strangulation during an
=epileptic
=>seizure.
=
=You have a lot to learn about epileptic seizures. You are probably the
=type of person who, if watching a grand mal (tonic-clonic) seizure, would
=try and put something in the mouth of the sufferer.

No, shit-for-brains.  I pointed out that "swallowing the tongue" is how folks
tend to describe strangulation during a seisure.  How the hell did you get from
that to your above totally baseless and moronic claim?

=Let me tell you: DON'T
=DO THAT! A person having a seizure is unable to swallow his or her tongue.
=It's a definite misnomer, vernacular or not. And no one has ever
="strangled" during an epileptic seizure.

Oh?  Nobody has ever ceased breathing because of the paroxysms?  All deaths
are due to incidental damage?  I'm afraid you're simply bullshitting here.