Need medical term for specific brain operation

Eric Wassermann ewass at
Mon Aug 21 11:58:39 EST 1995

In article <DDo3CH.Bzn at murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU>,
tpb9k at (Thomas P. Bleck) wrote:

> The structure being operated upon (it is only partially severed)
> is the  _corpus callosum_, hence the procedure is a 
> _corpus callostomy_.  
> -- 
> Tom Bleck    (Thomas P. Bleck, M.D.)   tbleck at
> Departments of Neurology, Neurosurgery, and Medicine
> University of Virginia School of Medicine
> ___________________________________________________________

Only when performed by a general surgeon who leaves the patient with a
ventriculocolonic fistula.

Sorry.  I won't do it again.

Eric Wassermann

More information about the Neur-sci mailing list