Need medical term for specific brain operation

Prateek K. Lala ak961 at freenet.HSC.Colorado.EDU
Tue Aug 22 16:03:26 EST 1995

In a previous article, rgl at (Richard Lanyon) says:

>On Fri, 18 Aug 1995, Jeffrey Starin wrote:
>> I need to know the medical term for the operation in which a person's corpus 
>> collosum is severed.  Is it corpus collostomy?
>Callosal section is what I call it
>Richard Lanyon

I've heard of it being referred to as a corpus callosotomy (definitely NOT
a colostomy!)

Prateek Lala
University of Toronto
The mind is like a TV set... when it goes blank, it's a good idea to turn
off the sound.   - Communication Briefings

More information about the Neur-sci mailing list