Synaptic Current Analysis with Axobasics -question

Andras Fancsik fancsik at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu
Fri Aug 25 10:36:19 EST 1995

I am trying to analize IPSC-s and EPSC-s recorded with voltage clamp, in whole cell
mode. We are using PClamp 6.2 which is helpful to a certain extent, but I can't get
a really good semiautomated PSC detection, because at the decay fase of the PSC, the
somewhat noisy signal crosses the detection treshold severeal times, and that makes
it almost impossible to collect only the PSC-s I want.

I would like to know if anyone has this same problem (I am sure, there houndreds out
there analizing PSC-s) and what software they use. I would prefer the solutions with
programs written on the basis of AXOBASICS, because that way we would not have to
buy a new A/D board and software. Although I am interested in any kind of solution
or idea. (I use PC, Axopatch 1-D amp, Digidata or TL-1 board).

Please help.
Have a good seal!
Andras