Neurobiotin fading

J. A. Kiernan jkiernan at julian.uwo.ca
Mon Aug 28 15:43:54 EST 1995

In article <28AUG95.17062512 at nauvax.ucc.nau.edu> cwa at nauvax.ucc.nau.edu writes:

>I have a question concerning neurobiotin.  I'm reacting with DAB; intensifying
>with Nickel using the Vector lab kit.  The sections are air-dried, alcohol
>dehydrated, cleared with Fisher's hemo-de and mounted with PerMount.

>Within a week, all the staining will fade out completely.

   The only questionable item in your procedure is the "homo-de"
   clearing agent.  What is it?  If this is some trade-secret mixture
   you should never use it in scientific research.  Use xylene, which
   certainly won't extract the DAB polymerization product.

                                     John A. Kiernan
                                     Department of Anatomy
                                     Univ. of Western Ontario
                                     LONDON, Canada  N6A 5C1