speculation on temperature (fwd)

Ron Blue rcb1 at LEX.LCCC.EDU
Fri Dec 1 09:03:01 EST 1995

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 10:36:41 -0600
From: Nick Blazanovic <nick at asylum.magic.mb.ca>
To: Ron Blue <rcb1 at LEX.LCCC.EDU>
Cc: Multiple recipients of list TBI-SPRT <TBI-SPRT at SJUVM.STJOHNS.EDU>
Subject: Re: speculation on temperature

On Thu, 30 Nov 1995, Ron Blue wrote:

> I vaguely remember reading that melatonin the chemical that puts you to
> sleep every night was related to temperature regulation.  If so
> melitonin will cause more receptor sites to grow and develop.  These two
> possibilities suggest that temperature regulation could be significantly
> improved for TBI.   Has anyone been taking melatonin experienced this?
> Ron Blue

YES!!! Now that you mention it, I used to get chills and felt cold all
the time regardless of the temperature in the house. In the summers, I
felt like I was roasting to death if it ever got above 20 C/70 F. Now
that I'm taking melatonin, my body temperature feels quite nice and much
more normal.

ATB, Nick