Fentanyl

Didier A. Depireux didier at eng.umd.edu
Mon Dec 4 09:00:35 EST 1995

	I would like to hear from people who use Fentanyl for small mammal
preparation, and especially from people who are doing auditory physiology.
We are currently using pento and ketamine (one _or_ the other that is)
for cortical recordings, but a couple of people from the vision field
told me (at Neuroscience) that Fentanyl was the way to go. However,
someone else said he had heard that Fentanyl was ototoxic... but I can't
find any reference to ototoxicity of Fentanyl in the litterature.
	Also, for a preparation like a guinea-pig, cat, ferret or similar
size mammal, what do you use in addition to Fentanyl? Or is a combination
of Fentanyl with Propofol better? Suggestions and/or references would
be welcome!

					Thanks in advance!

							Didier

							didier at src.umd.edu