Brain Structure/Intelligence

sallas bill joe sallas at ux4.cso.uiuc.edu
Tue Dec 5 18:55:12 EST 1995

Hi,
	I am an education major who has gotten out of his leauge in a
paper I am writing.  In the paper I am trying to prove that the structure
of the brain supports the multiple intelligence theory, rather than
Spearman's g.  When I say brain structure, I am talking about
modularity; the fact that the brain is made up of sub-systems and is not
just a single thinking unit.  I have read articles by Ira Black (Cracking
the Brain case) and Gould (Mozart and Modularity) as well as stuff by
Gazzaniga.  Basicly my theory is that because the brain is made up of
these nueral networks, it makes sense that people will have different
abilities in different areas.  Like I said, I am an education major so if
my logic seems to be flawed, please correct me.  Any comments would be
welcomed.
Thank you
Bill Sallas