neural coding of behavior: evidence for precise timing of spikes ?

Kevin Hellman kevin at gaba.neurology.wisc.edu
Thu Dec 7 19:26:33 EST 1995

It would appear neurons are more precise than we think... The order of magnitude
of precision according to Mainen and Sejnowski also appears to increase in reliability
with the injection of a random noise current(?)  I highly suggest reading the
articles below:

@article{mainen95,
  author =	"Mainen, ZF and Sejnowski, TJ",
  title =	"Reliability Of Spike Timing in Neocortical Neuron",
  journal =	"Science",
  year =	"1995",
  volume =	"8",
  pages =	"1503-1506",
  note = 	"2085, 95jul09, xerox",
}

@article{sejnowski95,
  author = 	"Sejnowski, TJ",
  title = 	"Time for a new neural code?",
  journal = 	"Nature",
  year = 	"1995",
  volume = 	"376",
  pages = 	"21-22",
  note = 	"2090",
}
KALMAN HELLMAN	       kalman at head.neurology.wisc.edu
LAB: (608)-265-5343    V.A. Hospital Madison, Wi
                       Department of Neurology