Seeking info on Temporal Arteritis...?

Gary Lee McDonald mcdonald at axp2.umkc.edu
Mon Dec 11 16:31:38 EST 1995

Greetings,

  My mother was diagnosed with Temporal Arteritis 3 years ago and has been on
prednisone since then.  Her doctor has been trying to reduce the dosage.  Her
original dosage was 80 ml and current dosage is 15, but this is starting to
affect her vision.  And higher dosages have lead to a gradual overall physical
deterioration, weakness, swollen joints, etc.

  Any pointers to information, contacts, rearch, help groups (esp. in KC area)
would be greatly appreciated.

ps I'm not looking for diagnosis, just items that we could share with her
doctor.

                                        Many thanks!

UMKC					GaryM.
5100 Rockhill Road			Univ. of Mo. at K.C.
Cockefair Hall				(816) 235-1183
Room 2, Gary Lee McDonald		MCDONALD   @ CCTR.UMKC.EDU
Kansas City, Mo. 64110			POSTMASTER @ CCTR.UMKC.EDU