Ritalin and Autism

clvachon at epix.net clvachon at epix.net
Mon Dec 11 22:28:14 EST 1995

In Article<4agbe2$179c at usenetp1.news.prodigy.com>, <FRKL06A at prodigy.com>
writes:
> From: FRKL06A at prodigy.com (Michael Greenberg)
> Newsgroups: bionet.neuroscience
> Subject: Ritalin and Autism
> Date: 11 Dec 1995 04:18:10 GMT
>
> Is anyone aware of any studies looking at the role of Ritalin in young
> children with autism.

Dear Michael,

I have no information for you about Ritalin.  However, I have a close friend
with a severly autistic, 2 year old son.

The boy is currently undergoing a trial of IVIG, the effects of which are
minimal if any.  Even if the IVIG helps, my friend is looking at the prospect
of thousands of dollars of IVIG cost of the child's lifetime...and of course
it is not covered by any insurance.

Have you heard of IVIG being effective for autism?

If you are aware of any alternative treatments, I will pass them along to my
friend.

Thanks in advance.