Myoclonus, anyone?

Dan Suzio dsuzio at ix.netcom.com
Thu Dec 14 18:02:42 EST 1995

Fahn, Marsden, and Van Woert, in Advances in Neurology Vol. 43, list
dozens of types of myoclonus, in four major categories:  Physiologic
(normal), Essential, Epileptic, and Symptomatic.

My interest is in essential myoclonus, which is defined as myoclonus
with no known cause and no other neurologic defect.  It can be either
hereditary or sporadic.  (Mine is sporadic).  I've located a couple
other people with essential myoclonus, and we'd like to find others to
join our conversation -- at some point, it may evolve into a newsgroup
or listserver, or it may just remain a small group keeping in touch via
email.  If anyone has patients, friends, etc who may be interested,
please ask them to email me.

Thank you!

Dan Suzio

<Pine.SUN.3.91.951210203229.27268B-100000 at icogsci1.ucsd.edu>,