CAN PLANTS FEEL......PAIN??????

Unknown Unknown
Wed Dec 20 09:42:32 EST 1995

Please help me.

I'm a dutch med-student at the University of Leuven in Belgium and I'm a
bit confused. I know that plants got at least 5 major 'hormones', some
of them being secreted when in a 'life' threatning situation. I do know
plants lack any form of nervous system, but if you think of it: nerve cells
are more or less like normal cells (they also got a membrane potential,
only they can't fire...action-potentials)...In short what do I say to
somebody attacking my vegan life style with this???????