Genetics Question

imxtc4u at gate.net imxtc4u at gate.net
Sun Dec 24 18:15:22 EST 1995

I not a regular reader of this group, so if the following question is
not appropriate, my apologies.

I have a couple questions that perhaps someone could
answer for me. It has to do with genetics. If a person
is a carrier of a defective gene for a neuro-muscular
problem, I assume they wouldn't necessarily have any
symptoms.  Am I correct?  Second if a father and mother
were both carriers, would all the children suffer from
the problem or would some of them be exepted for some
reason or another?

I am trying to determine where something started within
the family.  It has started with my father but none of
his siblings (all females living) had the problem.  Both
my sister and I have neuromuscular problems of undetermined
cause at this time.  I've sent out letter to others with
the same last name across the US to see if the same thing has
happened within other branches of the family.  So far,
it has not.  Kindly respond directly.