Christian Holscher CHOLSCHR at MAIL.TCD.IE
Fri Feb 3 21:54:39 EST 1995

In article <molecul1.25.0015D5A3 at powergrid.electriciti.com>,
molecul1 at powergrid.electriciti.com (Molecule One Scientific Research
Institute) wrote:

> We are interested to know if and where as part of a Dr.'s or Psychiatrist's
> training they personally try various psychoactive medicines? Can Dr.'s that
> have no personal experience with these medicines recognise states of
> or discomfort as a potential side effect? Happy to read your thoughts.

Interesting thought. However, what kind of drugs would that be?? I heard of
trials with benzodiazepine binding site agonists which produced an immense
sensation of fear in the probands (impoverished psychology students I
suppose). They are not sold or used anywhere. What other drugs are you
thinking of?
 Also, isn't an acute state of 'angst' quite obvious to the observer?

Christian Holscher, PhD
Trinity College Dublin
Dept. Pharmacol. & Therapeutics