''angst''

Christian Holscher CHOLSCHR at MAIL.TCD.IE
Fri Feb 3 21:54:39 EST 1995

In article <molecul1.25.0015D5A3 at powergrid.electriciti.com>,
molecul1 at powergrid.electriciti.com (Molecule One Scientific Research
Institute) wrote:

> We are interested to know if and where as part of a Dr.'s or Psychiatrist's
> training they personally try various psychoactive medicines? Can Dr.'s that
> have no personal experience with these medicines recognise states of
''angst''
> or discomfort as a potential side effect? Happy to read your thoughts.

Interesting thought. However, what kind of drugs would that be?? I heard of
trials with benzodiazepine binding site agonists which produced an immense
sensation of fear in the probands (impoverished psychology students I
suppose). They are not sold or used anywhere. What other drugs are you
thinking of?
 Also, isn't an acute state of 'angst' quite obvious to the observer?
Christian

--
Christian Holscher, PhD
Trinity College Dublin