Cell Body + Fiber Stain?

J. A. Kiernan jkiernan at julian.uwo.ca
Tue Feb 7 12:28:11 EST 1995

In article <95035.092138MIHHC at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU> Michael Harvey <MIHHC at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU> writes:
>From: Michael Harvey <MIHHC at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU>
>Subject: Cell Body + Fiber Stain?
>Date: Sat, 4 Feb 1995 09:21:38 EST

>Hello, I am trying to find a protocol for a combination cell body/fiber
>stain.  I am attempting to get a better look at the trigeminal brainstem
>nuclear complex. From caudalis up. The nissl stain just doesn't do it.

  You can combine your Nissl stain with either a myelin stain for axons
  or with a silver stain for axons. You do the fibre stain first.  Lots
  of methods are given in histological technique books.  For obvious
  reasons I recommend Chapter 18 in "Histological and Histochemical
  Methods"  (2nd ed. 1990, Pergamon Press), by
                                                 yours truly,

                                                 J. A. Kiernan