fura red anyone?

Robert D. Trent trent at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Feb 9 17:58:57 EST 1995

   Has anybody out there used fura red to look at intracellular calcium
changes?  I'm having some problems and Molecular Probes hasn't been too
helpful so far.  I've used fura-2 for years but have been having some
problems with interference with some of the drugs I'm interested in.  So
I'm trying to use fura red which fluoresces in the visible range.  But, I
can't seem to get it to work for me.

   Any and all suggestions welcome!  If you post your reply, please e-mail
me also - I don't get to read the newsgroups as much as I'd like.

Robert D. Trent
trent at mail.utexas.edu