neurophys, neurobio &

LARS THOMSEN lars.thomsen at dkb.dk
Thu Feb 9 10:10:00 EST 1995

You wrote :
M>They differ aminly in their focus.
M>Neurophysioology deals with electrical impulses in the brain and
M>   recording usually from single cells, neuron firing rates and what
M>   causes a neuron to fire are often dependent measures

What about e.g. work being done on cAMP levels in neurons measured under
different circumstances with a certain bioassay - that is also a part of
neurophysiology.

M>Neurobiology deals with the biology of the brain really this is a
M>catch all subject covering just about any aspect of neuroscience
Neurobiology also deals with the spinal cord, and the peripheral nervous
system (e.g. The enteric nervous system - known as "The little brain in
the gut")

M>Neuropsychology (what I do) highlights behavior and the neurological
M>mechanisms behind behavior, it also uses behavior to detect brain
M>damage.

I do not know anything about neuropsychology so I can't comment on that.

Best Regards
MSc Lars Thomsen 02-09-95  16.10
Royal Veterinary & Agricultural University
Copenhagen, Denmark
EMAIL : lars.thomsen at dkb.dk
FAX   : +45 35 38 25 25
TLF   : +45 35 28 25 13
---
þ CMPQwk #1.4þ UNREGISTERED EVALUATION COPY