Diff. btw. neurophysiology, neurobiology, and neuropsychology?

David Russo drusso at nermal.santarosa.edu
Thu Feb 9 11:42:16 EST 1995

Xochi Zen (x at elf.com) wrote:

:  Could anyone give me a thumbnail sketch of the differences between
: neurophysiology, neurobiology, and neuropsychology? Thanks in advance.

Oh, I'll try. Others please add or modify if deemed necessary:

Neurophysiology: The study of how the nervous system works on the cellular
and molecular level.

Neurobiology: The study of how the nervous system opperates on the
organizational, systemic, or anatomical level.

Neuropsychology: The study of how the nervous system manifests action and
thought.

That's a thumbmail sketch, of course there is much overlap.

dave.