Legitimate uses of biofeedback training

Brian Thiel/Lois Henry-Thiel thielbl at primenet.com
Tue Feb 14 09:41:35 EST 1995

In article <3hg4qv$bhh at satisfied.elf.com> x at elf.com (Xochi Zen) writes:
>From: x at elf.com (Xochi Zen)
>Subject: Legitimate uses of biofeedback training
>Date: 10 Feb 1995 16:38:55 GMT

>        I'd like to know what the legitimate uses (if any) of biofeedback
>are in clinical practice. A quick blurb I read in the _Oxford Companion to
>the Mind_ seemed to suggest that there's a lot of quackery/placebo effects
>in this area. Some of the top people in this field are apparently:

>       - Thomas Budzynski. Has anyone here ever heard of him? Where does he
>         reside? What do you think of his work?

>       _ Les Fehmi. Same questions apply as above.

I would hazard a guess that a trip to some university library and some lit
search might answer questions such as these.  Here's a clue, look for the
journal called, Biofeedback and Self Regulation, Plenum Press in association
with Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback.

--Brian

Generally I am unequivocal...  ;>)