Neuron and Synapse structures

Nils Lohner lohnen at marcus.its.rpi.edu
Wed Feb 15 19:07:50 EST 1995

  I am trying to program a neural network Character Recognition scheme
modeled as closely to the human brain as possible, albeit on a much smaller
scale.  I need information on how neurons and synapses are connected.  Is
there some sort of a ratio between the number of inputs to outputs of a neuron?
How are the initial synapses designed/decided upon at birth (this is for network
initialization)?  I am basically looking for any connectivity information
at various states of brain development.
  Any help or references regarding this topic will be greatly appreciated.
Please email or post responses.  Many thanks in advance.

                       Nils Lohner
--
- Nils Lohner   internet: lohnen at rpi.edu   Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute