internet and consciousness

Brainwave Surfer agnew at gems.vcu.edu
Thu Feb 16 15:48:26 EST 1995

In article <KEVIN.95Feb15094405 at brain>, kevin at brain (Kevin Hellman) writes:
> In article <D3xBvs.JHD at cunews.carleton.ca> etabello at agora.carleton.ca (Elias Tabello) writes:

SNIP

>>   I think that the internet is cosmically synchronous with an emerging
>>   collective consciousness which will be evident without intuitive aid.

SNIP

> necessary for an intelligent system.  The internet is a fascinating
> complex system... But, as much as it reflects society, it cannot be
> demonstrated it has an intentionality.
>
> --

I think the best quote is by someone who had a sig file that said that
there are already a million monkeys at a million keyboards and USEnet
is NOTHING like shakespeare....  This is a real interesting concept here,
of a computer-generated mindlink.  however, it will have to be more universal
to be really like what you say, on the order of cable tv, for instance...

Jim

         /^^^\   \ /   Jim Agnew         | AGNEW at RUBY.VCU.EDU  (Internet)
        /      >  ||   Neurosurgery,     | AGNEW at VCUVAX        (Bitnet)
   /\_/     '   \  /   MCV-VCU           | This disc will self destruct in
 /________________>    Richmond, VA, USA | five seconds.  Good luck, Jim..."