neuron

Fred Rose frose at acs.bu.edu
Sat Feb 18 11:02:23 EST 1995

In article <lelo-170295112335 at mitl-mac-9.stanford.edu>, lelo at leland () wrote:

> What is the largest

I am not sure if it is the largest, but the squid has a neuron that, as I
recall, is quite large (visible to the naked eye?), and so is used quite
frequently in research.  Of course, motor and sensory neurons that travel
the human spinal cord are quite long (2-3 feet depending on the person)
before they synapse with their respective counterparts, but they are
extremely small and not generally visible.
--Fred

--
I've never met a brain I didn't like...  The users, however, are a different story.