Limbic System - What's in, What's out

Phil Nicholls pn8886 at csc.albany.edu
Thu Feb 23 01:10:23 EST 1995

I have been getting into the literature on the limbic system and
I am having some problems with deciding what constitutes the limbic
system.  Different authors list different sets of structures.  All
seem to include the hypothalamus, amygdala, hippocampus and septal
areas.  I am partial to Isaacson's views because it is rather clean.

Is there any sort of consensus outside of these structures?

Thanks,

--
Philip "Chris"  Nicholls               	  Department of Anthropology
Institute for Hydrohominoid Studies       SUNY  Albany
University of Ediacara			  pn8886 at cnsunix.albany.edu
"Semper Alouatta"