Limbic System - What's in, What's out

Phil Nicholls pn8886 at
Thu Feb 23 01:10:23 EST 1995

I have been getting into the literature on the limbic system and
I am having some problems with deciding what constitutes the limbic
system.  Different authors list different sets of structures.  All
seem to include the hypothalamus, amygdala, hippocampus and septal
areas.  I am partial to Isaacson's views because it is rather clean.

Is there any sort of consensus outside of these structures?

Philip "Chris"  Nicholls               	  Department of Anthropology
Institute for Hydrohominoid Studies       SUNY  Albany
University of Ediacara			  pn8886 at
"Semper Alouatta"