Seratonin question

Jabbo the Blind Pimp tjt3 at cornell.edu
Fri Feb 24 15:23:42 EST 1995

In article <joec-2402951324100001 at covingtons-mac.jhuapl.edu>,
joec at johnston.jhuapl.edu (JC) wrote:

> Just wondered if anyone knows the details of what happens to the brain
> when a person takes LSD and if this is related to panic attacks.  Isn't
> there some mechanism where LSD can bind
> in the same manner andTEMPORARILY replace the actions that seratonin
> perform in the
> brain which causes the hallucinations ? I've also heard that through
> intense mediatation and food deprivation and the like that hallucinations
> can come about.  Panic attacks are supposedly related to seratonin levels
> in the brain. If this is true, what is the current state of research in
> this area? There is a thread that started on alt.support.anxiety-panic
> newsgroup  about this and I was just curious. If this isn't the type of
> stuff you talk about here then.......huh.......never mind or please please
> redirect me.   Thanks!

I suggest you post this thread on alt.drugs, alt.drugs.chemistry,
alt.psychoactives, sci.med.pathology, or send it to Lamont Granquist.
Better yet, if you have a Web browser, http to hyperreal.com and look in
the FAQ and info file archives there.  They have numerous sources.
You might also look into the "Psychedelics Encyclopedia", or Heather
Ashton's "Brain Function and Psychotropic Drugs".  Or use the a.d.c. ftp
site, hyperreal.com, anonymously.
Did I leave anything big out?

X+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+oX
Xo  Timothy J. Triche, Jr. <tjt3 at cornell.edu> aka Jabbo the Blind Pimp  +X
X+  Rumors are Treason and make The Computer unHappy...have a Nice Day  oX
Xo+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+o+X