Avant garde Epilepsy Rx

ira_rampil at VAXINE.UCSF.EDU ira_rampil at VAXINE.UCSF.EDU
Mon Feb 27 12:06:32 EST 1995

Time:8:50 AM
  OFFICE MEMO          Avant garde Epilepsy Rx
Date:2/27/95
Ronald B. Keys, JD, PhD writes:

>Uses of magnesium and L-Taurine are vastly underused in mainstream
> clinical medicine in the management of seizure type disorders.
Also,
> agressive fluid and electrolyte managment is part of this
> complimentary approach, as well.

I guess so! Since I participate in the local Comprehensive Epilepsy
Center
I am curious about new therapies.  Here the result of a search I did
this
morning using the Melvyl 1989-1995 database:
MED-> f kw magnesium and taurine and epilepsy

   Search request: F KW MAGNESIUM AND TAURINE AND EPILEPSY
   Search result:  0 citations in the Medline database

   Please type HELP for information on zero search results.

Caveat Emptor!!

Ira Rampil, MS, MD
Associate Professor of Anesthesia
University of California, San Francisco