Help-information needed

Dr. James R. Lehman jlehman at acad.umm.maine.edu
Tue Feb 28 10:17:11 EST 1995

I realize that this may be unrelated to the list, but I have an urgent
need for information.  My professor has allowed me to use his account to
reach you and he has assured me that any information that surfaces from
this list will be passed on to me, although my personal email address is
hinercl at acad.umm.maine.edu

I am an undergraduate student doing an internship as part of my senior
year at the University of Maine at Machias. At the agency where I work
there is a five-year-old boy who has been diagnosed as having partial
deletion of the short arm of chrommosome eight.  This is an extremely
rare disease.  I believe there are only 13 cases in the world and only 5
in the u.s. Only 2 or 3 of the U.S. cases are living, one being the boy I
work with.  I have been asked by the agency to research this disorder.  Any
information you may have would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

                                        Christy HInerman

James R. Lehman                 jlehman at acad.umm.maine.edu
Behavioral Science              jlehman at maine.maine.edu
Univ. of Maine/Machias          JLEHMAN at MAINE.BITNET
Machias, ME  USA                Voice: 207-255-3313 (X336)
04654-1321                      FAX:   207-255-4864