Warning! Layman's question! =)

Tom Salyers at425 at yfn.ysu.edu
Wed Jan 4 14:06:16 EST 1995

  Greetings.  I'm trying to write a science fiction story in my spare time,
but I can't seem to find the research material I need in the local university
library.
  My central question is this: is the human sense of passing time a factor
of neurochemistry? And if so, would it be possible (given the right level
of knowledge and technology, of course) to manufacture a drug that would
alter that sense--to make two years, for instance, feel like fifty?
  Any and all advice or pointers to reference material (not *too* technical,
please--my training's in computer science, not neurology) will be greatly
appreciated.

--
Tom Salyers                "Now is the Windows of our disk contents
IRCnick: Aqualung           made glorious SimEarth by this Sun of Zork."