Non stick brain slices

Jason Christopher Dugas jcdugas at uclink.berkeley.edu
Thu Jan 5 17:55:33 EST 1995

Patrick Martin (patrick at anatomy.ucl.ac.uk) wrote:
: Does anyone have a nice recipe for a solution that could be used to stick brain
: slices to slides?  I am currently using gelatin coated slides but when I dehydrate
: the sliced brains prior to staining they float off the slides with disconcerting
: regularity.

: The brains are from perfused rats, soaked in 30 % sucrose formalin to force out
: water, blocked, bonded to a post with tissue tek, and cut coronally at -10 degrees
: on a cryostat.

: Thanks in advance.

: Patrick

I've found that cryostat -generated slides stick nicely to Superfrost
slides (from Fisher), untraeted (use straight out of the box).

Jason Dugas