love and neurotransmitters

Mike Taffe mtaffe at psy.ucsd.edu
Thu Jan 5 16:14:22 EST 1995

In article <3eb0j1$4ju at ixnews3.ix.netcom.com>,
Dr Ray <dr.ray at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
<original post attribution obscured>

>All of our thoughts and feelings, no matter how euphoric or bizzare are
>due to interactions of neurochemicals, neurons, hormones, etc. Let's not
>underestimate our amazing brain.
>Ray

Right but let's keep a distinction between the *theoretical* standpoint stated
by Ray, and the attribution of "love" to a particular set of measurable neural
events.  I think the first quotation was expressing skepticism that the field
has managed to reduce "love" to this level of explanation, (yet!).
Mike

--
Michael Taffe   *
mtaffe at ucsd.edu *