disease posts

Karen Allendoerfer ravena at CCO.CALTECH.EDU
Thu Jan 5 22:27:12 EST 1995

I too would like to weigh in on the side that posts about neurological
diseases that I have never heard of before are educational.  Of course
people do neuroscience for a variety of reasons, but one that a lot of us
use, especially when trying to convince the taxpayers that our research
is worth funding, is that we would like to understand and treat human
diseases.  I find it useful to supplement my very basic training
with knowledge about diseases in addition to the usual suspects of
Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Huntington's, and ALS.

Karen Allendoerfer