Healing from strokes?

x011 at ns1.CC.Lehigh.EDU x011 at ns1.CC.Lehigh.EDU
Sat Jan 7 18:51:04 EST 1995

In article <ewass-0601950950080001 at hmc25.ninds.nih.gov>, ewass at helix.nih.gov (Er
ic Wassermann) writes:
>In article <D1yKGu.Au8 at murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU>,
>mlm2s at galen.med.Virginia.EDU (Mallory Leslie McClure) wrote:
>
>> How is it possible to have a patient have a stroke ( resulting in
>> fluent aphasia) and show no deficits two months after the
>> stroke?  I thought that patients always had some residual
>> damage following a stroke. What role does the age of the
>> patient play in the outcome?
>> --
>> Mallory L. McClure
>> University ofVirginia School of Medicine class of 1997
>> mlm2s at virginia.edu

I had hoped someone else would post this because I am doing it
from memory.  The active chemical in cough syrup at very high
doses will stop the nerves from killing themselves after damage.
One may wait up to 24 hours to give the medicine.
Ron Blue