HELP: want info. on 'Radiator' theory of brain evolution

Rogene Eichler eichler at S1.ARC.UMN.EDU
Fri Jan 13 21:36:04 EST 1995

> (1) I want to track down refs. to the 'radiator' hypothesis of the increase
> of cerebral cortex in human evolution. I originally saw this on a Horizon
> programme (BBC, Britain) about a year ago.

I beleive that Dean Falk originates this theory. She has discussed it
in her book "Braindance". Falk is at the State University of New York
at Albany in the department of anthropology.

Good Luck.

	-Rogene

                        Rogene M. Eichler West

                   Minnesota Supercomputer Institute
             Army High Performance Computing Research Center
                        University of Minnesota

AHPCRC: (612)626-1550                      1100 Washington Ave South
Home:   (612)292-0573                      Suite 101 MN Tech Center
Fax:    (612)626-1596                           MPLS, MN 55415