Confused about seizures

Mallory Leslie McClure mlm2s at
Fri Jan 13 18:43:16 EST 1995

I am totally confused about the different types of seizures.
For instance:
--What is the difference between a simple and complex seizure?
--What is an absence seizure?
--What is a partial seizure?  How does it differ from a simple
--What is the difference between a tonic-clonic seizure and a
  myoclonic seizure?
We talked about the different types of seizures today in class
and I was just lost.  This is not the first time I have tried
to understand it.  I've read in some textbooks but still have
trouble keeping everything straight.  Help!!

Lost yet again,
Mallory L. McClure, University of Virginia School of Medicine class of 1997
(Brown University class of 1992)
mlm2s at