love and neurotransmitters

Thomas R. Gregg greggt at strauss.udel.edu
Sat Jan 14 14:41:45 EST 1995

>that:

How about Schacter's theory of emotion perception?  One's body goes into a
state of autonomic arousal (Norepi), and one *interprets* that state as
love, anger, fear, etc., depending on the circumstances.  This would
correspond to a peripheral release of norepi, in the sympathetic nervous
system, not central norepi activity.

>All of our thoughts and feelings, no matter how euphoric or bizzare are
>due to interactions of neurochemicals, neurons, hormones, etc.
>Ray

It's safer to say thoughts & feelings are *correlated with* neural activity.

Tom