Producing global ischemia in the rat model

Tonse.NK.Raju U40200 at uicvm.uic.edu
Fri Jan 13 22:36:17 EST 1995

Somewhere I have read that one method producing global cerebral
ischemia with no surgery in the rat model is to subject a lightly
anesthetized animal to centrifugation with head facing inwards.

Has anyone come across this model? Are there published studies using
them? Obviously, if one can produce varying degree of ischemia
this manner, we can improvise on smaller animals.  Avoiding surgery
could be a great benefit.
Any info in this regard will be highly appreciated.
If at all possible, please e-mail a response.  Otherwise, a reply in this
news group should be fine, too.  Thanks in advance.  Tonse Raju, MD