Reason for sudden onset of vestibular disorder

Jeffrey Sirianni sirianni at uts.cc.utexas.edu
Mon Jan 16 12:35:10 EST 1995

In article <3f9nvl$qmf at usenet.ucs.indiana.edu>, andreatt at infant1.sphs.indiana.edu (Richard D. Andreatta) says:

>The attending ER physician made the
>initial diagnoses of Meniere's Disease after taking down the patients symptoms
>and noting nystagmus with the eyes open. The attending prescribed meclizine
>hydrocloride at 25mg per for the condition.  Do these symptoms fit with the
>attending diagnosis or should other avenues be explored with regard to
>etiology.

Richard,

The signs and symptoms displayed by your mother are classical Meniere's
symptoms.  I would suggest having your mother see an Ears, Nose, Throat
physician.  They will probably have a hearing test, electronystagmography,
and an MRI ordered for your mother.  Good Luck...

Jeff Sirianni
University of Texas at Austin
Communication Sciences and Disorders
     @(((<{