receptor expression: connection to lateralization?

as as at cmb.biosci.wayne.edu
Tue Jan 17 14:54:34 EST 1995

Recently, I posted a message about cerebral lateralization and got one
response. I guess maybe my question is too big.

I wonder whether people doing in situ hybridization noticed differential
expression between right and left hemisphere (not necessarily neocortex,
any brain stuctures with two sides). My guess is not (otherwise, I should
have seen them on Nature or Science cover story?). I found that there
were reports that there are dopamine untake lateralization (right side
has more than left side, time: 1985) but can not find any follow-up work.

I still welcome theories about lateralization (developmental
aspect).There are anatomical differences between the two hemispheres, is
this the base of lateralization? That means more anatomical then
molecular?

Please send mail to wukong at scripps.edu or respond on net.

BTW, I am new on net, anyone knows how to add signature?

Thanks again.

Shiping Tang