neural networks

neuro at io.org Jan
Wed Jan 25 13:16:01 EST 1995

I am a 17 year old highschool student, and I have been considering a few interesting directions in life;
careerwise.  The question I wanted to ask was:
	What advances are being made and what opportunities lie within the area of linking
	nerves with computers (prosthetic purposes–maybe more)? I am considering going
	to University of Waterloo to study computer engineering, and then taking medicine
	and majoring as a neurosurgeon. Is there anyone out there who can comment on
	this course of action and maybe steer me in the right direction?

Tank you in advance.

							Jan Grabski