amygdaloid stimulation

Frank Adams adamsf at essex.hsc.colorado.edu
Fri Jan 27 19:00:57 EST 1995

During the late sixties and early seventies there were a series of
experiments using intracranial stimulation on human subjects.  Amygdaloid
stimulation was included in them.  They were reviewed extensively in a
book called Brain Control by Elliot Valenstein.  The original experiments
were done by Robert Heath.

There's lots of fascinating material in them.  Attempts to "cure" a
homosexual by allowing the subject to stimulate his own septal region
while whatching strait porn films.  Heath claimed success.

This should give you a good starting point.

Frank Adams                         adamsf at essex.hsc.colorado.edu
University of Colorado
Health Sciences Center C237
4200 E. Ninth Ave.
Denver, CO 80262                                   (303) 270 7113