interest for invertebrate neurosci newsgroup?

ott ott at balu.kfunigraz.ac.at
Sun Jun 18 05:23:41 EST 1995

Dear collegues,

I wonder whether there is some interest for creating a newsgroup for
neuroscientists working in insects like locusts, crickets, cockroaches
and so on. I would appreciate this very much. I propose
bionet.neuroscience.locust - Actually I don't work with locusts but
with bushcrickets (tettigoniids, kattydids, as you like), but maybe
most of us will be able to identify themselves with the name 'locust'.
If people working with roaches don't feel so, please tell.

Or what about bionet.neuroscience.insect, so that all those working
with flies and moths and... will join us, too.

Or maybe bionet.neuroscience.invertebrate? Probably even better!!

Since I am not able to create such a newsgroup, it is up to somebody
else out there to do so. As I said, I would appreciate this
enthusiastically.

Swidbert R. OTT
University of Graz
Austria/Europe.