Rasmussen and his bundle

Yasunori Hayashi yhayashi at ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Fri Jun 9 22:25:15 EST 1995

In article <jkiernan.262.2FD898E4 at julian.uwo.ca>, jkiernan at julian.uwo.ca
(J. A. Kiernan) wrote:

>    The olivocochlear bundle was described in about 1942 by
>    Grant Litzter Rasmussen (1904-?).  Does anyone know any more
>    about him?  Is he still around?  He was a prominent American
>    anatomist in the sixties.

There exists a type of enciphalitis called "Rasmussen's encephalitis".  I
do not know whether it was named after G.L. Rasmussen.  You can find some
papers about this disease if you look into Medline.

Hope this helps.
Yasunori Hayashi
Department of Neurophysiology, Institute for Brain Reserch
Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
3-1 Hongo 7-chome Bunkyo Tokyo 113 Japan
yhayashi at ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp
yhayashi-tky at umin.u-tokyo.ac.jp