Sensory neurones

LARS THOMSEN lars.thomsen at dkb.dk
Wed Jun 14 16:37:00 EST 1995

CM>again, gustatory receptors are innervated by the 7th cranial (as
CM>already alluded to) but are indeed the neuron/receptor that converts
CM>the chemical stimulus into an electrical message.  they are packed in
CM>taste buds, but i would say that they are proximal to the stimulus.
CM>gustatory receptors are neurons.

I thought that the receptors for the chemical signal were located on
the epithelial cells ?

You wrote "the receptor is a neurone" :
What about the strech receptors of muscle, muscle spindle,
which indeed are a muscle cell ?
Is this just a wrong expression, because the muscle cell
is a passive component that just get deformed ?
---
þ CMPQwk #1.4þ UNREGISTERED EVALUATION COPY