EMG Questions

David M. Costello an283 at yfn.ysu.edu
Wed Jun 14 16:42:54 EST 1995

I recently had an EMG [at my neurologists office] and was informed
that my arm/leg tingling and incoordination is due to a slowness
[if you will I'm a layman/patient here] in the pathways between
my brain and peripheral areas.  He called this a peripheral neuropathyu
Could someone give me some areas to explore/educate myself on this
condition?  I've been 'afflicated' with this for a year and am
very frustrated by the slowness of the diagnosis [three MRIs were
all negative for lesions].  Is this condition _reversible_ oir
does it get progressively worse.  I am a very healthy,active
40 something and this is really new and scary to me.
TIA [Hope this is the correct forum]