Barriers in Neuroscience?

Crwydryn crwydryn at aol.com
Tue Jun 13 19:15:43 EST 1995

It occurs to me, also, that the people who advocate "Creation Science" are
usually in favor of the Judeo-Christian version of creation.  I remember
hearing about a case in Arizona at one point where the local school board,
after much pressure from "Creationist" Christian groups, mandated that if
evolution was taught, "Creation Science" must also be taught.  An
enterprising teacher did some research, and then taught her class the Hopi
version of creation.  Needless to say, this was *not* what the
Creationists had in mind, and the mandate was dropped.  Basically, I see
the "Creation Science" movement as an attempt to indoctrinate children in
Christianity through the public schools, which I believe is highly
inappropriate.  Public schools are for *everybody*, not just for
Christians, and they should remain that way, even if the majority of the
people in this country are Christian.  The whole reason for the separation
of church and state thing was to *prevent* religious minorities from being
trampled by the majority.  Religion is certainly important, but it is a
very private thing, based on faith, not evidence, and belongs in the
family and places of worship, *not* in a science class.

Wow...okay, I guess I've ranted enough here.....

                                                           Crwydryn  (the
Wanderer)