unknown neurological problem?

krissy at telerama.lm.com krissy at telerama.lm.com
Wed Jun 14 19:33:58 EST 1995

   Hello,

      I'm hoping that someone here will be able to help me.  I was
recently diagnosed with a reoccurring "head problem".  This is the
second time in my life that I have had this problem and I'm trying to
find out more about it.  The most recent occurence was after I passed
out during a parade from heat and not eating enough.  I was told by my
doctor that because of the loss of blood to my head when I was passed
out,  some kind of nerve (or something) in my head that connects my
brain to the part of my head that controls my balance is messed up.  I
was put on medication and told to stay away from caffeine, playing my
trumpet, and any heavy work for a month.  My symptoms are dizziness,
headaches, and I have a hard time with pressures such as opening a car
window.  Other than what I have written, I have no idea what is going
on and since this seems like its going to be a life long problem, I'm
trying to find out anything about this thing (whether it's a disease
or problem).  If anyone has any knowledge about this, I would be very
interested in hearing what you know.  Thank you very much.

                                   -Krissy