CBS News: Negative ion therapy for depression / anxiety

James J. Herlburt jjh37997 at uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
Fri Jun 16 17:39:16 EST 1995

>Now really Dan....Please. Perhaps this was the story that led to the
>final demise of Connie Chung with the CBS evening news. I try to have an
>open mind about these 'things'. But a negative ion generator? What is a
>negative ion generator? I think most of us realize what happens if one
>generates an electrical potential difference between an object and, say
>ones finger. Zap!

>Evan
Hello Evan,

just a little bit of advice. Before you go an lecture somebody you might want
to find out what he is talking about. You state that you don't know what a
negative ion generator is but still feel informed enough to flame him
with your ignorance. Zap!

There is a good body of research showing the the use of negative ions,
NOT ionizing radiation, can be useful in treating depression.If you want
to educate yourself on the subject you could e-mail Dan asking him for his
information or you could mail me and I would be happy to help you.

Jim.