Caffeine Analogs

Jason Kennerly jkenner at cello.gina.calstate.edu
Mon Jun 19 14:05:46 EST 1995

Can anyone provide any information on caffeine analogs with stimulant
properties? It seems most caffeine analogs that I notice in literature
have other things in mind - vasodilator / smooth muscle relaxer / etc
type properties are exaggerated while the stimulant activity is reduced.

Specifically there are two things I am wondering about. What data is
available on the antidepressant ELIDIN / DIMETHAZAN
[1,3-dimethyl,7-(2-dimethylaminoethyl)xanthine]

and what information is available on ETHYL homologs of caffeine
(ethyl-theophylline, ethyl-theobromine, triethylxanthine, etc)